Date of Visit: May 11, 2017
Purpose of Visit: Revisit
Grades: 1-6 (12 classes total)
This school is now designated as Luoji’s central elementary school. The school recently obtained 7 additional acres of property, which was turned into an athletic field. It contains a 200-meter loop running track and a small-sized soccer field.
No. of Students: 464 (no boarding)
Students begin English classes in the third grade.
No. of Teachers: 35 (boarding in 7-room teachers’ dormitory)
English, music, PE, art, etc. teachers are professionally-trained.
– 2 three-storied buildings
– 12+ classrooms (including multimedia classroom & science classroom; all classrooms equipped with bān bān tōng [斑斑通] electronic teaching systems)
– Teachers’ offices
– Conference room
– Equipment room
– Home for “left-behind” children
– Library: ~10,000 books
– Computer Room: 30 computers (old and outdated)
– Cafeteria: Satisfactory
– Restrooms: Good condition
– Athletic field
Now that the school is the township’s central elementary school, a “Youth Center” will need to be constructed for various extracurricular activities. Lacking music and PE tools/equipment. New, updated computers needed to replace current ones. Desks and chairs in the teachers’ offices are old and in disrepair, new ones are urgently needed.